***UPDATE, 27th June 2014: Natalie Lowrey has been released and will be heading back to Australia in the next few days***
**INFORMATION AND UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE AT www.stoplynas.org
Natalie was in Malaysia at a peaceful protest against Lynas Corporation, an Australian company that is setting up a rare earth processing plant in Kuantan, Malaysia, and which will potentially impose tonnes of toxic waste on the local community.
She was arrested along with a number of Malaysian activists. They were all released, yet she has been kept in a crowded concrete cell and the media is reporting that she risks 2 years jail. She has been moved to a special investigations unit, possibly to isolate her from media and support.
- Please sign and share this petition: http://bit.ly/1jfTsVf
- Phone the Malaysian consulate in your area (http://bit.ly/1lO64am), asking them to immediately free Nat from lock up in Kuantan, and consider visiting them directly
- Share petitions & information on social media with the hashtags #FreeNatLowrey #StopLynas
- Donate for urgent costs of her support crew in Malaysia, C/- Mara Bonacci, Bank Mecu, BSB: 313140, Acc: 23192688, Ref: Nat
- Check out www.stoplynas.org to find out why she put herself on the line.
For offers of assistance or donation: firstname.lastname@example.org